Entertainment Law Online
Entertainment Law includes all of the legalities surrounding the arts and entertainment industry. It considers contracts, intellectual property laws, copyrights and more. The latter mentioned grants the artist exclusive legal rights to publish, reproduce and sell an artistic expression and prevents the unauthorized reproduction, distribution, adaptation and performance of the artists work, unless permission, and in most cases a license, is granted from the original artist. The license is a contractual agreement that permits someone besides the original artist to use his or her artistic property. The license also allows the licensor to generate income off of the licensee by charging a fee for use. Due to the nature of the arts and entertainment industry, consultation with an entertainment lawyer is always recommended.
statues related to entertainment Law
- Entertainment Duty Act
- Betting, Gaming and Lotteries Act
- Spirit Licence Act
- Copyright Act
- Noise Abatement Act
cases related to entertainment law
- clifton yap vs. raymond hugh and mirage entertainment ltd.
- water sports enterprises ltd. vs. michael drakulich
- sundivers jamaica limited & craig larsen vs. richard salm & club caribbean limited
- glen simms, lincoln ellis, lynford hue and claud thompson vs jamaica racing commission
- racing promotions limited & robert dabdoub vs. the attorney general
Click Here to find a Entertainment Lawyer